Isn’t it so frustrating when you can not find the perfect lipstick shade for that perfect outfit you have in your mind? Trust me I know the struggle all too well.
This past weekend after I finished my last final, I just had to go out to celebrate my (few weeks) of school freedom. I had the perfect outfit and I was dying to try a new eye make up tutorial but those lips?! I had nothing that would go with the look I was trying to accomplish.
I needed a little bit of brown, red, nude with a hint of pink and I did not have that color among my liquid lipstick collection. So I made it.
That’s right I remixed some of my favorite colors into the masterpiece I needed. If you follow these easy steps you can mix your own lip creation as well.
- Start with your base shade which you should also make your deepest shade.
- Do not apply color upon color to lips unless you are trying to contour or layer your lips. (Post for another day!)
- Once you’ve picked your base shade apply a lips covering amount to a flat surface. (I literally used a plate) Then add the second most prominent color of desired look. For example I wanted a red for my base so I started with Kat Von D’s liquid lipstick in Plath. The second color I wanted to be the most prominent is light brown so I added theBalm’s liquid lipstick in Committed. If you need a third color then add the least prominent color now. I wanted just a hint of nude and pink to lighten the coloring of my creation so I added just a drop of Tarte’s liquid lipstick in Birthday suit.
- Mix well and swatch on hand before application.
- Apply evenly for desired look.